Mission 2

Process

For this mission, we were told we would have to form a group with people we never worked with before. Originally I was in a group doing digital privacy, but personally wasn't very happy working on that mission. I decided to join a group with two lads, Matthew and Francis, who were working on Youtube as their title, which was the title I wanted to work on. So I then had my group of Matthew, Francis and me, working on the mission of Youtube.


Since I had joined the group late, the lads already had some goals for the mission laid out. One such goal was to create a talk show parody video for YouTube. This would involve creating a YouTube channel, creating the video and then posting the video on YouTube. Another goal of ours was to create a presentation that gave some insight into YouTube, like  how and when it was founded. We also wanted to create a presentation that highlighted the work we're going to do. This would involve having slides that showcase us creating the product and how we went about it. 

In the end, we hoped too have created an entertaining take off a talkshow. We hope that the video will be enjoyable to watch, and that we have a channel created to post the video onto. We also hope that our presentation is of high quality and not overloading with unnecessary information.


To complete this mission, we would have to use a lot of resources. One such thing is the use of google slides to create our presentation. This is the easiest way for us to work together on our slides, at the same time. Another form of resource we would use to create our product would be the use of cameras. As our product is going to be a video, we would need to use a camera or cameras to capture such video. We would also use a mic to capture any form of audio for the video. This would either be a mic located on the camera or a mic we would place on the table between the host and guest star. Another thing used would be editing software, such as premier pro. This would allow us to edit our final video, such as adding music or sound effects. We would also use a tripod so that the camera would stay stationary while the talk show was being recored. 


When it comes to creating the actual video, we feel like we would probably be best to go to the photography lab room for the taping of the video. This room is wide open and offers a lot of room for us to do the actual taping of our video. There is also tables and white boards in the room that we could use for creating the sat up for our talk show. Overall we had our idea and we just ha to film it.

Product

To create this product me and my group got together to talk about what we were going to do the product on. We discussed the overall idea which we were all in agreement with, which was the idea of a parody talk show. Once we had are idea, we just had to go out and film it. We made a group chat and between us, we decided to meet up after college on one of the days that we knew the photography room was free. We knew we would film in there because it suited what we were trying to do. So we met together on this day and got ready to film.

When we goy to the room, we set up the set for our video. This involved us moving around chairs, tables and whiteboards, to form the set. We set it up where we had three to four white boards forming the background, a desk with two chairs for the host and guest star and that was pretty much the set. After the set was finished, we filmed clips for the video, such as us as the crowd laughing, us as the crowd clapping, me as the camera man, me as the director and then this one clip where I'm on the computer. All these clips would then be used to break up the video.


After all these clips were recorded, we then recored the intro, which was Matthew walking out and then introducing the show and the guest. I was the camera man so I recored these clips. I then had to recored the introduction of Francis to the show. This was pretty much me standing with the camera, recording Matthew, then Francis was introduced and he walked on. After this scene was shot, all that was left was the main piece of content for the talk show, which was the show itself. We recored this using a stationary camera on a tripod. After this was all done, all that was left was the editing of the show and the creation of the channel.

Francis wanted to do the editing as he has premier pro on his laptop at home and Matthew did up the channel for the video. On the day of recording, we took a picture as a group for our channel banner and then Matthew did up a badge for our channel using illustrator. After all this was done, all that was left was the presentation. 

To create the presentation, we used google slides and tried to keep it as simple as possible. We talked about the history of YouTube for a bit but then went straight on to focus on the work we did within the mission. We had about ten slides talking about the video and showing how it was done and then finally had a link to the video at the end of the slides.


On the day f the presentation we were fairly confident of our project as we were all very happy with how it turned out. We decided to present first to get it over with and then presentation went great. We presented as a group and everyone talked equally. In the end, everyone loved it and we got full marks, which was amazing to receive for the hard work we did. 

Reflection

After completing this project, I can honestly say I've leaned so much. One thing I've learned is that hard work really does pay off. Me and my group put in a lot of hard work into our project and in the ned it really paid off for us, as we received full marks. When making this project, we didn't want to half arse it, we wanted to make a video that we were proud of and that we knew people would enjoy. We all put a lot of time and effort into the completion of this mission and after all the work, to receive full marks make it all worth the effort that went in.


Another thing I learned is that college work doesn't have to be boring or not enjoyable to do. This mission really shows this to me, as I can truthfully say I enjoyed every minute of making this project. We did a mission that we knew we could have fun completing and the fact we got full marks doing this really shows that the college work wee do doesn't have to be boring for you all the time. This mission show me that I should try and have fun doing the work that needs to be done because that rubs of the work as well, making people enjoy it as much as yourself. 

One thing I discovered about my mission, which was YouTube, is that I can really see why a lot of people do it not for the chance of making a lot of money or becoming famous, but because they truly enjoy the creation and opportunity to be creative. Completing this mission gave us freedom to be creative, to do what we feel would work, and I found that to not be a task, but to be enjoyable, even though it was a task given to us to complete. One thing I discovered about myself is that I could potentially see myself making some YouTube content later on in the future. After completing the mission, I enjoyed getting the feedback from people, saying they enjoyed our video, which is almost pushing me to pursue doing more stuff like this again.


In the end, I feel like there were a lot of success's to our project. One thing that stands out to me is the overall effort the lads put in to get the project done. If it wasn't for everyone in the group, we would have never got the mission done on time. Another success was the overall video. I can say that I was very happy with how the video turned out. The intro was exactly how I pictured it would turn out and Francis and Matthew were both brilliant in the video itself. If I was to say a failure, it would have to be maybe the lack of editing within the middle of the video. I personally would have loved to add some stuff in, but because Francis had the video files, I was unable to. 

Overall, I am proud of everything we did in completing the mission. The lads were great from start to finish, the video turned out perfect and our overall presentation was fluid and entertaining. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission 3

Mission 1